27 Ağustos 2015 Perşembe

Airport Security Edition: ...or Lack Thereof

türkçe links to original Turkish article

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 27 August 2015)

Image result for esenboğa duble yol afyon
Follow the yellow brick road - from parking lot (right),
through the presidential gate and onto the runway (!).

On 14 July a 63 year-old passenger who had just arrived
at Ankara's Esenboğa Airport from Istanbul, got into his
car in the parking lot, intending to head for Ankara. The
driver then mistakenly entered through the presidential
gate to the runway amid taxiing aircraft.

The driver continued on and as he was about to enter the
second runway the alarm was sounded at the airport. The
control tower told approaching aircraft not to land, as the
panic-stricken driver put on his blinking emergecy lights.

The driver was taken to the airport police station where
he explained that "I wanted to head to Ankara but I lost
my way. When I first saw the runway I said to myself
'Wow! I've never seen a nicer highway!' Then I figured
out that I was on the runway, so I put on my blinkers and
waited."

The airport authority launched an investigation into the
incident, thinking that it probably occurred during the
evening fast-breaking meal 'iftar' given for employees
during the holy month of Ramazan. The Ankara governor's
office reassigned two policemen after the incident. They
denied that they had left the gate open at the presidential
entrance but allowed that they may have opened the gate
thinking the vehicle was an official one.

Image result for esenboğa haritası
Esenboğa Airport, Ankara (blue marker)



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder